Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Dark Divine


The Dark Divine
Bree Despain
"The Christmas dance?" the dance hadn't passed my mind in days.  Did people who knew the secrets of the underworld go to dances?

This is the quandary of Grace Divine, our heorine.  Grace is wonderful.  Grace is flawed.  Grace is caught between two guys.  But not THAT way.  She's caught between being loyal to her brother Jude and her love Daniel.  Grace wants to keep her promises, she really does.  But she isn't always successful.

Mostly, Grace is a fixer.  She wants to fix Daniel.  She wants to fix Jude.  She just wants everyone to be happy, like they were 3 years ago.  The trouble is, Grace isn't sure what happened 3 years ago.  When she finally finds out, she doesn't want to know.

The Dark Divine is a finely crafted book about secrets, redemption and love.  The ending is fabulous.  It leaves the option open for more Grace-ful adventures!

I was hooked on this book before I owned it. I read the first 4 chapters on line.  I entered contests to try to win a copy.  I was so excited when I received a Border's card so I could run out and buy it.  I finished the book last night and I've already passed it on.  I like to post reviews once a week but I love this book so much I wanted to get the word out ASAP.   This is a MUST READ. 

I would recommend The Dark Divine to anyone who enjoys romance with a little underworld mixed in. 
Length: 372 pages
Rating: ALL TIME!!

BTW - you can learn more about The Dark Divine's author, Bree Despain at her blog.  I highly recommend it as well!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great quote from the book. I really enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the best books I've ever read. Ever. One of the few I won't use as a prize giveaway because it's staying on my office shelf in plain view so when I get stuck in my manuscript, I can look at it and remember what I aspire to.

    ReplyDelete