Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hourglass

HOURGLASS
Myra McEntire

I felt great.  The sass was back.  Its' amazing what flipping a grown man over her shoulder does for a girl.

That's Emerson.  She's a wonderful teenage girl.  Like all girls, she's back and forth.  Broken and strong within minutes.  But my favorite thing about Em is her sass.  I love a girl with well placed sass.

Emerson has been through a lot in her life.  She's lost her parents.  She's been to boarding school and back.  She lives with her brother and sister in law.  They are wonderful to her but she still doesn't feel that she belongs.

All that changes when she meets Michael.  Michael has been hired by Em's brother to help her with her problem (no, I'm not going to tell you what that is ;).  Michael and Emerson connect immediately.  He needs her as much as she needs him.  I love that!  I like balance in a relationship.  Super-needy people can be so annoying.

Adventure ensues.  Again, I'm not going to tell you exactly what happens.  I will say that HOURGLASS wraps you in that adventure and doesn't let go.  It makes you think. And think. And think.  I finished this book 3 weeks ago but it took me that long to speak coherently about it. And I LOVE THAT!!

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that there are two hot boys in this book.  Kaleb is a wild card.  He also needs Emerson.  He and Em are similar in many ways.  But, I'm a straight arrow.  I'm on Team Michael.

Recommendation: 8th grade and up
Rating: ALL TIME!!

For more sass, you can follow Myra on Twitter or at her blog
There is also a fabulous fan website for HOURGLASS called Murphy's Law Coffee
And if you live in the South (not Texas South but THE South) check out Myra's tour with 2 other awesome YA authors.  Ash to Nash Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment